The best way to make sure you get the most out of your Airbrush tan is to carefully prep your skin before your tan and follow all after care instructions to help maintain your luxurious Island Glow
FOR BEST RESULTS ON YOUR SPRAY TAN
- Exfoliate your skin 24 hours prior, it’s best to use an exfoliating cloth/mitt of some sort and use oil free products.
(* No dove Soap, deodorant soaps/ bar soap)
- Shower about 4+ hours before your appointment.
- Wax/ Shave the night before.
- Schedule mani/ pedi and waxes at least 24 hours prior.
- Moisturize well in the days before your spray tan.
- Before your session avoid wearing: deodorant, makeup, lotions, oils, perfume, moisturizers etc.tan appointment.
- Wear dark loose fitted clothing and loose shoes/ sandals after session.
- DON’T WORRY: we have prep spray available if you just came from work, running errands or even the gym.
Keep well hydrated the week of the appointment!!
***Bodies that are well hydrated accept the solution much better!***
When tanning, wear whatever you are comfortable with!
- Some women go topless with underwear, some wear bathing suits and some prefer no tan lines.
- Men must wear some type of bottoms for the tanning session. (boxers, swimsuit, underwear)
Your appointment will be approximately 15-20 minutes!
After care Tan tips:
- Stay Away from water UNTIL your waited RINSE
***Specified by your technician***
- 1st Rinse: DO NOT use soap,
Use hands to get all solution off your body and PAT DRY.
- RAPID TAN: your tan will develop over time even after your shower.
Wait at least 24 hours after your tan to use any products.
(soap, lotions, etc)
- NO sweat for 12-24 hours
- NO wash rags/ loofahs for 24hrs.
- AVOID: deodorant soaps, Dove, Caress, Oil of Olay, Bath& Body works and Victoria’s Secret they are not good for tans.
- AVOID: products with mineral oil, sulfate, and petroleum based products.
- Swimming pools/Hot tubs will reduce the tan. Rinse chlorine or salt water off immediately and moisturize afterwards.
- MOISTURIZE DAILY: with hemp lotion, cocoa butter, shea butter or light coconut oil.
- Use our Tan Extender to prolong the life of your tan!
- Use water base sunscreens when using sunscreen
(Sun Bum is Awesome) Apply moisturizer before swimming.
(Basic tan) 24 hours (Regular tan) 4-6 hours (Rapid tan) 1- 3 hours
The instant color that you see is a bronzer. The bronzer may rub off on clothes or on sheets that night. Don’t worry, it will wash out! And the tan is not rubbing off, only the bronzer.
When you do shower, you will see the bronzer wash away, BUT you will be left with a gorgeous glow! Use a mild soap for the rest of the week to help extend your tan, and PAT dry when you shower, Don’t rub!!
To maintain your flawless color:
Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize!!
**3 times a day with a paraben free lotion is recommended. We carry top of the line after care products to help extend the life of your tan.
Use our Tan Extender to prolong the life of your tan!